Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Poetry defined

I have a folder in my documents that is entitled poetry. While perusing it today I saw a letter that I was asked to write on the occasion of my husband and I buying our first house. I put it in that folder for a specific reason and would like to share it with all of you.

To Whom It May Concern:

I have been informed that I need to verify my employment status or lack thereof. This letter is to convey that although I do get up every morning and pursue a rigorous schedule of multitasking throughout the day, I am not currently employed for the purpose of monetary gain. I also would like to make it clear that I do not intend in the near future to secure employment that provides a steady paycheck. I would prefer to stay “unemployed” and spend my days controlling riots, conflict mediating, preparing banquets and teaching classes in etiquette, academics and numerous other subjects, which do not need naming at this time. But for all my chosen profession requires of me, I want to make it clear that I do not receive monetary compensation.

If there is any need for clarification of my current lack of “compensation”, or further details about my job description I would be happy to answer questions.


Best regards,

Tana Lorraine Horton
Homemaker

2 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Well done, love the letter! I'm a stay at home mum too (well, I only work one day every other week) and people seem to think we just sit around all day doing nothing!

Tanada said...

You are definately right. I think that being a stay at home mother is the hardest profession in the world to be respected in. Thus is the reason most of us desperately crave respect.