Thursday, January 13, 2011

One of the coolest inventions ever!!!


I love food!!! Gotta say though I love carbs more than anything else in the food world of course besides chocolate. I just had to post about the coolest fusion of pasta and vegetables in the whole world. I'd heard that you could make pasta from vegetables....but like I would ever make pasta. That is way too ambitious even for me.
So about a month ago I discovered in the pasta section this awesome new product. I know some people think hiding vegetables in food isn't the best way to teach your kids to eat veggies. For me though I would serve this pasta as a main dish with either a meat and red sauce or even on it's own with a little bit of butter and parmesan cheese. Then I would also serve veggies on the side.
Extra vegetables are never a bad thing, no matter where they come from. In pasta form they are awesome and I find that this pasta tastes just as good as regular pasta. Then again I'm a sucker for healthy food and only eat whole wheat pasta or high fiber pastas in the first place.
The first thing my mother asked when I raved about this was if it cost more than regular pasta. Well I found it was close to the same price as whole wheat pasta, so for me it's just as easy as breathing to find room in my budget for this fun treat.
Try it and let me know what you think. My family isn't very picky and they didn't notice any difference, but I have read reviews that suggest it doesn't taste as good. I think it should be the new craze because children do not eat enough fruits and vegetables to begin with. We should be feeding them to our kids (and ourselves for that matter) in every way shape and form possible.
Well happy eating and if you try this let me know how it goes:-)

No comments: