Monday, December 6, 2010

You never outgrow a good friend!

I have the best people in the world that I count as friends. Even when I was in High School and Junior High I was blessed with awesome friends. Some of them even still stay in contact with me and we keep each other updated on the goings on in our adult lives.

I know many people claim their friends are the best, but I think I have the market cornered. When we moved to the states when I was thirteen I met some lovely people who helped to ease the horrible transition from rural country life to suburban living. When in High school I was acquainted with several people without whom I could not have survived the terrifying process of growing up.

Then after two years in college and marrying my sweetheart we moved to Florida where I met amazing individuals that enriched my life and taught me many things that have molded the adult and mother I've become.

Then we moved into our lovely little home here. I've met a few people who I've grown very close to and who understand and put into perspective the hardest and darkest trials me and my family have faced in the last three years.

I've grown up alot over the years but I will never outgrow these people who have always been there for me. Thank you all of you who've blessed me and my family with your friendship. Even when I didn't realize I needed you; you were there. I pray that I've been a good friend to all of you and that I will grow to be the kind of person who blesses other's lives.

1 comment:

Josh and Becca said...

Tana you helped me through my crazy, awkward years too. Thanks heavens for all your cute stories you'd tell me while we ran. Remember that? I miss you. Even though I haven't talked to you in a long time, I still consider you one of my dearest friends. Oh! How can I forget you writing that AWESOME poem that I read at my brother farewell?? Remember that?? Good times. :) Really miss you. Please call anytime. Where are you living?? 801-493-9995
Love, Becca (Sellers) Barnes