Monday, January 26, 2009

Matching blankets

Obviously these blankets don't match each other but they match their own corresponding paintings in the last post. The first matches the alligator and the second matches the Lion. I sized the blanket for my youngest so that it would fit perfect in her crib. My oldest's blanket I sized to fit her toddler bed. As you can see I don't think very far ahead. I figure that I'll just make bigger blankets for them when they are in bigger beds.
I'm kind of proud of these blankets because I designed them myself and mostly made them with remnant pieces of fabric that I buy whenever they are dirt cheap. So at the risk of sounding conceited I really wanted to show them off a little. You know how it is when you are a stay at home mom. You don't get a paycheck or bonus for what you do and you don't get grades to praise you when you do something well. I figure blogging is the only way to get praise or acknowledgement from your peers.

1 comment:

The Hill family said...

I love the blankets, and they match perfectly! I miss so much sewing with you and doing our fun projects!