Saturday, May 2, 2009

Another upcycling success!

One of these days I will take a before shot to illustrate the transformation. This dress turned out soooo cute. I loved making this and learned alot for the next dresses I'm going to make for my eldest because of course I'm going to make more of these dresses. I am totally addicted to the idea of reusing old and unfashionable shirts to make cute dresses. I made this dress on the same day I made the cake for my youngest's birthday.
I made a homemade fondant out of powdered sugar and marshmallows that turned out really yummy. The cake was carrot and I used a cream cheese frosting under the fondant. I had to show off this cake because it turned out so cute. The pan looks awful but it is clean I promise. I need a pretty platter.

My little cutie wasn't too fond of carrot cake but she like the frosting. My eldest had alot of fun singing to her little sister and loved all the fun of a party.

2 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

The latest dress is lovely, the band of flowers looks great! The cake is wonderful, my eldest saw it and said "Oooh a pretty butterfly cake" so you have a new fan. The party sounds like it went really well.

Mel xxx

The Hill family said...

The dress is so cute!
The cake is SO adorable! Very talented! I can't believe Lily is a year! Happy Birthday Lily! I expect to lots of pictures!