Tuesday, May 12, 2009

I need to take more pictures

I made two little crayon rolls for my nieces this weekend and I didn't take pictures. I am so sad because they turned out so cute. I also didn't take pictures of a valance I made for my little sister's room. It was pleated and I turned out the pleats and sewed buttons to hold the pleats out. I also made matching table runners for her desk and dresser.

I'm promising myself that I am going to take pictures of the things I made for my sister's room next time I visit my parents house. I also did a painting for my other little sister's birthday that was really cute as well. Again there was no picture taken before I gave it away.

I love making things, I feel productive. It's only since I started blogging that I've realized that you take pictures of things so that you can show people what you are proud of, and give others ideas for their own creative endeavors. I love looking on other blogs to get ideas for things to make for my kids or myself.

1 comment:

Shabby Chick said...

That's such a sweet post, I would have loved the see the crayon rolls. The valance sounds way beyond my skills so perhaps better I don't see pictures as I would feel very behind!!!

I agree about the pictures. It's also nice to look back and see just how much you've created over time.

Mel xxx