Friday, May 22, 2009

Pillowcase revisited


Sewing seems to be the order of the month. I made a pillowcase dress for my eldest, and she won't wear it. I'm super sad and a little mad that she doesn't even want to try it on for me. I think I need to put buttons and an elastic waste on it and maybe she'll like it.

I love the way it turned out. It's not as cute as those made by some of my friends, but I couldn't afford to go out and buy cute fabric for this project, we're a little tight this month and I opted to go with an old pillowcase with some remnant fabric I had lying around with my quilting fabrics.

My sister asked me if my eldest was short on dresses or something. I said "not really" she said "It seems like you are making her a new one every week". I laughed, almost but not quite. She was running low on dresses that were long enough a month ago and I went a little crazy trying to remedy the problem without massacring my budget.

I also made two baby quilts for my sister in law's twins last week. They turned out so cute, but again no pics, arrgh! One of these days I will just nail my camera to my forehead.

1 comment:

Shabby Chick said...

That dress is soooo cute! My eldest refuses to wear dresses 99% of the time, even though my Mum makes her gorgeous ones. All she wants is t-shirts and trousers, preferably blue *sigh*

Mel xxx