Thursday, February 4, 2010

Absent, but ok (sort of)

So I'm hoping I'm back. I haven't blogged forever. The holidays were insane and I think I've emerged. I felt like I took on a second job (on top of stay at home mom) the last few months. My sister went back to work and since her husband got winter work snow plowing they have needed a kind relative to help them out. Being that I'm the only relative without a real job that was me.

A couple weeks ago my husband and I woke up to our little eighteen month old throwing up in her crib and my nephew covering in his own throwup as well. I called my sister at the hospital (she's a nurse) and told her that her son needed a parent to take care of him when he's sick. That and the fact that they didn't have insurance and their son was only nine months old at the time made me worry about taking or not taking him to the emergency room myself.

Anyway, I don't want this to be a complain blog. I just wanted to let all of you out in the bloggosphere know why I've been MIA the last few months. It's not for a lack of needing an outlet it's been a lack of time.

Along with taking care of my sister's child I've also been helping a little family where the dad has been out of work for over a year. Their situation got so desperate that they ended up giving up on the American dream and moving back to Guatemala.

Anyway enough about me and my excuses for neglecting the blogging world. I'm going to check everyone's blog and post. I promise I haven't forgotten about any of you and I'm going to make an effort to reconnect.

Thanks,
Tana

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Hey I did not get any new Tana comments on my blog! Rude. We broke up. Just so you know.

Sarah and Garrett said...

It's good to see you back. It sounds like you've had a pretty crazy past few months. I hope things are going better now, and that we'll get to read lots more fun posts from you!