Saturday, February 27, 2010

Things I miss since I went on a diet!

Chocolate, every type and kind!

Banana bread and every type of bread that is essentially cake but we still call it bread to assuage our guilt!

Muffins, again essentially they are cake but the title muffin sounds healthier don't you think?

Cookies, especially double chocolate chocolate chip, yummmmmm!

Brownies, especially when they have chocolate chips in them and are topped with icing, sooooooooo good!

Ice cream shakes, especially (can you guess) chocolate with candy broken up in it!

Good hearty bread with butter on it so that when you fold it in half you feel like you are eating the yummiest sandwich every invented!

Carbs, of every kind but especially potatoe salads and casseroles oooh and mashed potatoes!

Gravy, either on biscuits or mashed potatoes (especially the kind my dad makes)!

Chinese food, chicken battered and fried and then cooked in the most unhealthy sodium filled sauce ever created (and lets admit thats not really the way the Chinese eat)!

I miss putting butter on my steamed veggies and dipping raw ones in ranch!

I miss fries and chicken strips from fast food places and casual dining restaurants! (Oh and while we're on the subject I really miss fry sauce)

Pancakes slathered in butter and syrup!

Ok I think this is starting to get counter productive

Bacon and sausages oooh and french toast (wait make that stuffed french toast)!

Cheese, I almost forgot how much I love cheese!

Now that I'm thinking about it, pizza, with a big fat crust and lots of cheese!

My all time most favorite thing to eat that I have given up, wow that has to be:

Late night caramello chocolate bars with my hubby after the kids were asleep!!!!!!!

When you think about it I'm not missing out on that much, right? And my future skinny frame will be worth it, right?

Help me out, cause I'm not that sure after looking at that list!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

Not sure I could ever really diet. Not enough will power over here. Wait I don't eat any dairy, does that count. I tell you those candy bars tempt me every shopping trip. I better never wean Elsie or I will be up 300 lbs!!!

The Hill family said...

I too could never diet..and I don't! I do not have that kind of self control! So I wish you good luck my friend!..and your list made my REALLY hungry!

Chelsea said...

Tanada! What diet are you on I should get on it so I can be skinny like you! Chels

Tanada said...

It's not really a diet, just weight watchers. I could have those things but that would be all I could eat the entire day. So yeah they are kind of off limits.