Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines day!

I've seen some cute posts of what people did on valentines day. So I decided to join in on the fun and report how my weekend went. My sweet hubby and I are usually as cheesey as can be on these occasions, but this year we relaxed a little. We traded babysitting with my brother and sister in law and we went out to dinner Friday.

Since I've been trying desperately to lose a few extra pounds (other than the ones I gained over the holidays) we didn't do the candy thing and were laughed at when we ordered from the healthy side of the menu. But I gotta say I loved my salmon and my strawberry/mixed greens salad. After dinner my hubby did the best thing in the world, he listened to my hints and took me shopping for the one thing I've been wanting all winter (long jogging pants), yes it may lack some romance but it was what I needed cause the next morning I ran the Valentines day 5k. My mother and my little sister beat me but I improved my time from the thanksgiving 5k, and that was good enough for me.


The rest of the weekend went well. We got our girls each a tiny box of chocolates and a coloring book. The chocolates were a mistake because our eldest daughter bit into one (milk chocolate truffle I might add) and decided she didn't really want her chocolates. Our youngest dove for the candy right after I opened it and promptly stuffed a whole one in her mouth and after masticating it a bit spit it out on the carpet. She did that with all three chocolates she tried.


All in all it was a successful weekend. Hubby enjoyed his present and on Tuesday got me roses after the fact I think because he felt that exercise pants didn't seem like enough of a present. I love Valentines day because I have three amazing people to love.

2 comments:

Sarah and Garrett said...

I'm in shock! Children who don't like chocolate... I didn't know such creatures existed! Sounds like you had a great celebration. I especially love the belated roses. So cute!

brigette said...

How cute!! Sounds like such a fun day!! Im glad it went well!