Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Dresses!!!

Everybody who knows me is aware that I am overly proud of the things I make. Call it a complex for attention driven by staying at home. I got the fabric above for free and one of the patterns for free. I finally decided that I was going to make matching dresses for my girls.

I went a little nuts and even made a matching dress for my daughters cabbage patch doll.

My oldest wants to wear her dress all day, every day. While our washer was out of commission I boycotted her wearing it because I didn't know if I'd be able to get it washed by Easter Sunday.

I am super excited for my girls to wear these on Easter and I'm going to take tons of pictures. I think matching dresses are so cute (I know some people find it too cutesy, but they aren't twins). Speaking of which my oldest brother just announced he is having twins, yeah!!! We are happy and sad for him all at the same time. I can't imagine trying to handle two babies at once. I really think it would kill me. Kudos to those who handle it. (That was for my mother in law because my husband is a twin)

Anyway, Happy Easter!!! I love the colors, dresses, candy and easter egg hunts. And of course the religious significance. Have a happy, bright couple of weeks!!!

3 comments:

Shabby Chick said...

Gorgeous dresses, well done! I'm all for the matching dresses, my girls have quite a few (and my Mum is making more - she's much cleverer than me!). I think they'll look lovely.

Mel xxx

The Hill family said...

They are so cute! I wish you could teach me how to use a pattern, it makes me super nervous. You are so talented!

Margie said...

Absolutely darling!! And seriously, what is cuter than matching dresses?! I can't think of anything! I told Travis when I have this next little boy I am going to dress he and Lincoln in matching clothes everyday because it is adorable! You really are so talented. I am very impressed with all that you are able to do!